By clicking on the product links in this article, we may receive a commission fee at no cost to you, the reader. Sponsorships and affiliate commissions help support our research so we can help you find the best products. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
Is your training wardrobe feeling a little lackluster in the gym or on the trail lately? Do you wish your athletic clothing was a little more comfortable, especially when breaking a sweat? Maybe you've worn your yoga pants or workout leggings to the point of seam-splitting exhaustion and desperately need an upgrade. Your clothing can make a difference when it comes to your fitness routine. Surveys have even shown that gym-wear plays a role in exercise motivation, even more so than your favorite workout playlist.
So, where to get started? There are several athletic clothing brands to choose from, with options ranging from sports specific to athleisure you can feel comfortable wearing straight from the gym to work, but which brand is the best for you and your training needs? We're here to help you answer all those clothing questions with a one-stop suggestion.
Social media juggernaut, Gymshark, has everything men and women might want from their athletic apparel and more at a decent price point. With Instagram-worthy items like matching bra-and-legging sets, joggers (or sweats) for those who prefer a looser fit, and even a new line of singlets for serious powerlifters, Gymshark has something for every athletic activity.
Here's our rundown on the Gymshark brand and our top picks of their most popular clothing items to have you feeling stylish, comfortable, and motivated during your next training session.
What is Gymshark?
Founded in 2012 in the UK, Gymshark is an in-demand, online-only athletic clothing brand with international name recognition and an impressive social media following. Gymshark specializes in high-quality clothing and accessories with innovative designs and technology, such as sweat-wicking and cool-touch, for anyone from beginners to seasoned athletes, with options for a variety of physical activities and personal styles.
Best Gymshark Products
Here are a few of our top picks from the Gymshark product line, including leggings, joggers, matching sets (for men and women), and accessories.
Top Picks For Women
- Elevate Leggings
- Matching set: Adapt Fleck Sports Bra | Adapt Fleck Seamless Leggings
- Power Cropped Zipped Hoodie
Top Picks For Men
What We Like
- Very affordable compared to similar sportswear brands
- Popular in the fitness community
- Plenty of options for colors, styles, and material
- Comfortable and breathable
- Leggings are flattering, made from recycled nylon for support and stretch, and are squat-proof
- Free returns (within 30 days) and exchanges
What To Consider
- Website doesn't list written reviews, rather they display feedback based on community reviews
- Fully online; no brick-and-mortar stores to try on items
- Not all sports bras are fully-lined
Gymshark Customer Reviews
"Another great experience with Gymshark, [I] really liked most products, and the joggers that were too small were exchanged rapidly." - Angus W. (courtesy of Trustpilot)
"Delivery is super quick! Top fits true to size and is comfortable. Easy to use website and pretty reasonable cost" - Amber K. (courtesy of Trustpilot)
"Squat proof, flattering, never ripped, never failed me. Still got the very first products bought and still going strong!" - Anna-Maria (courtesy of Trustpilot)
"I love the simplicity and reliability of the products I buy from GymShark. The delivery comes within the next day or two and the quality is great." - Sam K. (courtesy of Trustpilot)
"Upon wearing both pairs [of leggings] for the first time, they do nothing but slide down badly after about 2 minutes of movement. I spend all the time yanking them up and they’re uncomfortable." - N.P. (courtesy of Trustpilot)
Is Gymshark Worth It?
Between the affordable prices, vast selection, and 30-day free return policy, the Gymshark clothing and accessories line is certainly worth trying.
FAQs About Gymshark
How long does Gymshark take to ship?
Shipping can vary depending on your location, but for the United States, your order should ship in about 4-7 business days for standard delivery. If you need your order sooner, Gymshark offers express shipping, which brings the delivery window down to about 3 days.
Is Gymshark true to size?
You should be able to stick with your usual size since Gymshark's clothing—their leggings, in particular—is made with stretchable fabric. Gymshark also offers a size guide and information like this handy "Find your Fit" article with size recommendations for each of their legging styles. Gymshark doesn't appear to have a dedicated plus-size section, but their clothing has enough stretch that plus-sized reviewers have found that their XL and XXL items fit well and were flattering.
Who owns Gymshark?
Ben Francis is the co-founder, CEO, and majority owner of Gymshark.
Is Gymshark a good brand?
Gymshark has a high percentage of positive reviews and an excellent reputation among customers. They also offer free returns (within 30 days of purchase) and exchanges should you not be completely satisfied with your merchandise. Lastly, the clothing is stylish and well-made at an affordable price point.
Is Gymshark expensive?
Gymshark's pricing falls in the mid-range between more inexpensive mass-produced retailers and higher-ticket athletic wear such as Lululemon or Athleta, with most of their leggings and joggers sitting in the $40 to $70 range. Gymshark also has an Outlet with a pretty extensive collection of discounted items.
Our Final Takeaway
If you're looking for affordable workout clothing and gear with plenty to offer for style and comfort, Gymshark is an excellent option. This brand is well-loved by fitness enthusiasts because of its flattering silhouettes and attention to detail with pockets and seams that allow functionality without frumpiness. We hope our Gymshark recommendations can help you build a new gym wardrobe for that extra boost of fresh training motivation.
ACTIVE.com’s editorial team relies on the knowledge and experience of fitness and wellness experts including competitive athletes, coaches, physical therapists, nutritionists, and certified trainers. This helps us ensure the products we feature are of the highest standard. Collectively, the team has spent countless hours researching equipment, gear, and recovery tools in order to create the most accurate, authentic content for our readers. Customer satisfaction is also a key part of our review process, which is why we only feature products that are highly rated.
- Alexandra Ginos, MBA, RD, CSP, nutritionist and fitness expert
- Bryee Shephard, MS, RD, Master's of Science degree in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Roger Lockridge, 20-year fitness industry expert
- Ali Nolan, marathon runner
- David J. Sautter, NASM CPT, FNS, PES; ACE SES, personal trainer and fitness expert
- Cory Kessler, CPT, FNC, health and wellness writer
- Daniel Preiato, RD, CSCS, sports nutrition expert
- Erin Chancer, CNC, expert health and wellness writer
- Katie Simpson, CPT, health and wellness writer
- Dr. Jacob Wilson, PhD, CSCS*D, training expert
- Lindsay Boyers, functional nutritionist
- Elspeth Huyett, cycling expert
- Gaby McPherson, nutrition expert
- Krisitne Golden, triathlete
- Lindsey Cooke, CNT, nutrition therapist
- Karla Tafra, nutritionist and yoga instructor
- Rachael Gonzalez, health and wellness writer
- Sosha Lewis, certified sleep coach, health and wellness writer, CrossFit veteran
- Frieda Johnson, expert health and wellness editor