The basic components of materials, colour, theory, compositions, perspectives and techniques will be covered, as participants work on individual projects.
Materials not supplied.
No class on August 1, 2022.
Please buy either the oil painting supplies or the acrylic, not both.
Supplies: for oil painting
- Tube Titanium White M
- Tube Lemon Yellow M
- Tube Cadmium Red M
- Tube Ultramarine Blue M
- Tube Burnt Umber M
- Tube Payne's Grey M
- Tube Cerulean Blue
Winsor Newton is a good brand, but golden palette is NOT recommended.
Synthetic hair brushes are less expensive but do not perform as well as natural bristles.
- 1 Book of palette paper
- 2 Canvas Panels 11x14'
- 1 Flat style hog bristle 1 inch
- 1 Flat style hog bristle 1/2 inch
- 1 Brights style (short flat) sable or sabeline or synthetic hair 1/2 inch
- 1 Flat style sable or sabeline or synthetic hair 1/4 inch
- 1 Script style brush 0 or smaller
- 1 Pointed round style brush 0 or smaller
- Low odour paint thinner masking tape 2 inch
- Soft natural bristle house painting brush
- Rags or paper towels
Supplies: for Acrylic painting
-Large tube white
-Medium tube yellow
-Medium tube red
-Medium tube Ultramarine Blue
-Medium tube Burnt Umber
-Medium tube Payns Gray
-Medium tube Cerulean Blue
Or a starter set of acrylic paints
-1 Flat style hog bristle 1 in.
-1 Flat style hog bristle 1/2 in.
-1 Brights style (short flat) sable or synthetic hair 1/2 in.
-1 Flat style sable or sabeline or synthetic hair 1/4 in.
-1 Script brush 0 or smaller
-1 Pointed round brush 0 or smaller
container for water
-Book of Palette Paper
-2 Canvas panels 11-14 in or smaller
-2-Inch soft bristle house painting brush
-Rags or paper towels.
- You are reminded to exercise precautions to protect against the spread of illness.
- Everyone should practice good handwashing hygiene and wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds and dry them thoroughly—if you are unable to wash your hands, use an alcohol-based hand cleanser.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into your sleeve—throw used tissues in the garbage and immediately wash your hands, or use an alcohol-based hand cleanser.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Minimize prolonged (more than 10 minutes) close (less than two meters/six feet) contact with individuals in public.
- Avoid travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk (e.g. seniors and those with underlying medical conditions).
- If you are unwell, stay at home.
EEKSC - Small Meeting Room at Elmwood/East Kildonan Seniors Centre