Tidal Basin Run membershipHains Point, East Potomac Park 927 Ohio Drive SW Washington, DC 20024 Organized by Tidal Basin Run $25 instant refund on this event with gift card.
About this event
We’ll send your reminder 2 days before this event closes so you don’t miss out.
You will no longer receive email alerts about this activity.
- Tidal Basin Runs are free training runs for fun and fitness on the third Wednesday of each month. Please join us!
- Our current meeting spot is at the southern end of East Potomac Park near Hains Point, 927 Ohio Drive SW, Washington DC. | MAP
- We host three runs: 1500 meters (0.93 miles) at 12:00 noon, followed by 3000 meters (1.86 miles) and 5000 meters (3.11 miles) at 12:15 PM.
- For each race, we have a designated non-runner to start the clock and record finisher times
- Although the monthly runs are informal and free, we record and report results on-line and to RacePacket, and Washington Running Report.
- We also offer special Presidential Fitness Runs with 1500m, 3000m, 5000m, and 10000m on national holidays.
Event details and schedule
- REGULAR MONTHLY RUNS:
- LOCATION: Hains Point (927 Ohio Drive SW) at the southern end of East Potomac Park, the starting line of many local runs. | MAP
- DIRECTIONS: From Independence Avenue, follow Ohio Drive south over Tidal Inlet Bridge and continue to Buckeye Drive. Turn left at Buckeye Drive and continue east to Ohio Drive on the Washington Shipping Channel side facing Waterfront. Turn right and continue south to Parking Area 13 near Hains Point.
- 11:50 AM - Free registration opens
- 12:00 noon - 1500-meter race begins
- 12:15 PM - 3000-meter and 5000-meter races begin
- Post-event refreshments
- START: 1500m and 3000m start at Parking Area 13 on Ohio Drive just north of Hains Point. 5000m starts about 142 meters north (because East Potomac Park is about 5142 meters around)
- COURSES: 1500m and 3000m run north on Ohio Drive (facing traffic, which is sparse) to a turnaround point, then straight back to the common start /finish line. 5000m runs north on Ohio Drive alongside Washington Shipping Channel, left (west) on Buckeye Drive to Ohio Drive southbound (again facing traffic) alongside Potomac River, around Hains Point, and back to the common finish line.
- BATHROOMS: Available near playground north of Hains Point
- PARKING: Free at Hains Point
- MAPS: | 1500m course (out'n'back) | 3000m course (out'n'back) | 5000m course (starts ~142m north of finish) | 10000m course (starts ~284m north of finish)
January 01, 2010 - January 12, 2030
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Hains Point, East Potomac Park927 Ohio Drive SW Washington, DC 20024